Dhampirs are human-vampire hybrids. Dhampirs have the powers of a vampire, but their weaknesses are much lighter to bare.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Dhampir Physiology:
- Superhuman Strength: Dhampir inherit the strength and resilience of their vampiric parent's blood. A dhampir can easily lift several dozen tons with ease; able to bench-press cars, bend steel in their bare hands, jump several feet in the air in a single bound, and overpower any human or lesser vampire with ease. Their vampiric ancestry also contributes to their strength; as Rayne and her half-siblings were considerably stronger due to being the descendants of the vampire overlord Kagan, strong enough to move a 40 ton semi-truck. Feeding allows them to maintain their strength and vigorous resilience and to heal their bodily wounds.
- Superhuman Speed: Dhampirs have demonstrated the ability to move at speeds faster than a normal human being and can even match that of a vampire. One example of this would be at the beginning of the first game, where Mynce darts across the field to a nearby church at such a great velocity. Rayne has also demonstrated this ability on multiple occasions as well
- Superhuman Agility: Like normal vampires, Dhampirs have the abilities of enhanced coordination and can move their bodies in such speeds, reflexes and even maintain their balance on things like telephone lines.
- Superhuman Leap: The enhanced physical nature of Dhampirs have given those gifted with such a physiology to actually leap several times higher into the air with little effort. Which means that beings like Rayne and even Mynce can jump up to catwalks and telephone lines without any trouble. Rayne can even fall from great heights and land on the ground without any injury to herself.
- Healing Factor: Like normal vampires, dhampirs have the ability to regenerate lost and damaged tissue after sustaining damage. This however is done through the feeding on the blood of mortals and immortals alike, examples being other monsters and even vampires. The healing factor is also known to double up as a means of fighting off virtually any kind of disease and gases like the ones the Nazis use doesn't do too much damage.
- Enhanced Human Senses: Like Vampires, the senses of a dhampir are greatly enhanced, far better than any human being on the planet. They also have the power to see in the dark by way of an aura vision, which can detect the aura of both mortals and immortals alike.
- Semi-Immortality: Despite being a half-breed, dhampirs have the ability to live for far longer than any normal human being. It is unknown that if they are as immortal as their pure vampire counterpart, however one dhampir who demonstrated the species can live a long lifespan is Rayne. Example of this is that she is chronologically 89, yet maintains the youthful look of a girl in her early to mid 20s.
- Salt Water: They cannot withstand pure saltwater for a long period of time as it will burn them like acid.
- Sunlight: They can withstand sunlight to a certain degree, unlike most vampires who burn to ashes within its presence almost instantly. But they can't withstand it for a long period of time, as when the sun's rays touches their skin, it burns them, causing smoke to evaporate off their skin.
- Blood Deprivation: Like the normal vampire, dhampirs also need infusions of blood to keep their powers at maximum efficiency. Without frequent infusions of blood, they will slowly dwindle. Rayne demonstrates that without infusions of blood within the game, her health begins to dwindle as she sustains damage, so feeding off her enemies is a must.
- Dhampir male also made appearance in Ferril in a music video with Rayne who is performing 's song " ". 's " ", where he playing the guitar with
Dhampir on Wikipedia